FoodRecipes88.info | Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad Recipe – Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and low fat foods. Makes it prefect combination for black beans for salad recipes, this healthy salad provide you with a high proteins and give protection from heart disease, weight gain, diabetes, certain cancers. Wow, just see how many benefits from consuming this Quinoa and black bean salad. This may be one of your favorite salads for the next coming winter or summer season. This vegetarian salad worth trying, so don’t miss this recipe if you really into vegetarian type of foods. I add up slat at after the serving and they turn out great and taste perfect. Have a try. Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad Recipe. Have you tried our tasty Herb Style Garlic Butter Spaghetti? If you’re finding another type of recipes I recommend that simple garlic butter spaghetti too, its simple delicious and too easy.
Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (small disk-shaped seeds)*
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed if canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn (cut from about 2 large ears)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 pickled jalapeño chilies, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- For dressing
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- *available at specialty foods shops and natural foods stores
- In a bowl wash quinoa in at least 5 changes cold water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off most of water, until water runs clear and drain in a large fine sieve.
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook quinoa 10 minutes. Drain quinoa in sieve and rinse under cold water. Set sieve over a saucepan of boiling water (quinoa should not touch water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, about 10 minutes (check water level in kettle occasionally, adding water if necessary).
- While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapeños, and coriander and toss well.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, and cumin and add oil in a stream, whisking.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
*some useful notes: serve with warm rice when cold season make this salad perfect.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about salad, please leave some commend and let us know if you already make it at home. Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad Recipe