FoodRecipes88.info | Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Potatoes – This Chicken pot pie with potatoes is perfect when you’re looking for comfort food. This simple Chicken pot pie can warm up your day activities, no doubt I feel so relax when I feed myself with them. Waking up in the morning and bake this recipe for your family. They taste great with their crunchy crust pie and yummy mixed chicken potato. The recipe is so easy, it’s simply a mixture of chicken and veggies topped with a creamy, rich white gravy that is flavored with a little cooked onion, salt, and pepper. I’m sure this sturdy crust on the bottom and a golden brown Chicken pot pie recipe with potatoes can be your family favorite in no time. Have you tried our tasty Fluffy American Pancake Recipe? If you’re finding another baking type of recipes I recommend that simple pancake too, its simple delicious and easy to bake.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Potatoes
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peas and carrots
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can whole new potatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) package prepared double-crust pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, flour, salt, and pepper in melted butter until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour chicken broth and milk into the skillet; bring the mixture to a boil and cook to thicken slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir chicken, peas and carrots, and potatoes into the broth mixture.
- Press one pie pastry into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Pour the broth mixture into the pie pastry. Top with remaining pastry and press edges together to form a seal. Cut several slits into the top pastry. Place pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let pie cool and filling thicken at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
*some useful notes: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Chicken Pot Pie, please leave some commends and let us know if you already make it at home.